Trekking, Cycling & Rafting in the Himalayas
||Duration : 11 Nights / 12 Days
Destination : Delhi – Rishikesh – Haridwar - Rishikesh - Sari - Devriatal - Chopta - Chandershila - Chopta - Khakra – Kadai - Khirashu – Pauri - Beas Ghat - Kodiyala - Rishikesh - Haridwar – Delhi
Day 01 : Delhi
Arrive Delhi meet assist and transfer to Hotel Metro Heights. Overnight at Hotel
Day 02 : Delhi – Rishikesh – Haridwar
Breakfast at Hotel In time transfer to the railway station to board the train Shatabadi Express for Haridwar arrive Haridwar meet assist and transfer to Rishikesh Check in at Great Himalayan Beach Camp located 25 Kms above Rishikesh on the Bank of Ganges . Check in at the camp Camp briefing followed by Lunch.
After Lunch Raft down the white water till Rishikesh, Time to get into rafting gear, safety briefing and raft down big volume Ganga whitewater. Raft down rapids like "Three Blind Mice", "Crossfire", "Bodysurfing", "Return to Sender", "Roller Coaster", "Golf Course" and lots more. We end the trip near Laxman Jhula. Visit the Ghats of the Ganges For Arti on the Ganges later Drive 30 minutes back to Camp for Campfire/barbecue dinner and overnight Camp.
Day 03 : Drive Rishikesh to Sari (8 hours) and Trek to Deoriatal (45 Minutes)
Our trek begins from the town of Rishikesh. Morning, after breakfast we drive for a good 7-8 hours to reach Sari. The drive, though long is beautiful as we drive along the Ganga, Alaknanda and Mandakani rivers. Enroute we stop at Deoprayag which is another important Hindu site, known for the confluence of two distinct colored Bhagiati and Alaknanada Rivers, which then flows down as the Ganga.
Once in Sari, we trek for a short while to the beautiful Himalyan Lake, Deorital. This trek does not take long but is steep, often giving a good view of the surrounding villages. At Deorital, You can take the Day off to explore the area around and then retire to your cozy tents after a good, wholesome dinner.
Day 04 : Trek from Deoriatal to Chopta (3000m, 05 - 06 Hrs.)
The mornings in the Himalayas are one to look forward to. Wake up early to catch the first rays of the sun on the snow covered Himalyas. The orangish hue of the mountains is one to keep as memory in your cameras! Once we have fed you with an energy giving breakfast, we set forth to Chopta. This is a gradual trek and takes 5-6 hours to complete, which however pass relatively quickly as you pass through the dense, cool forests and beautiful alpine meadows dotted with wild flowers. Arrive at Chopta and camp at outskirts. Meals and Overnight stay in Tents.
Day 05 : Trek Chopta to Chandershila (4000m) and Return to Chopta ( 06 - 07 Hrs.)
Our target toDay is to reach the summit of Chandrashilla in time so that we can catch the panoramic view of the high Himalayan peaks in good light. The trek is mostly a gradual ascent through the maroonish-reddish dwarf rhododendron bushes. At the summit, take in a good look at the prominent peaks surrounding you from all directions.
Almost every prominent peak of the Garhwal Himalayas can be spotted from here.To one side is Nanda Devi (7817Mtrs-the highest peak of Indian Himalayas), the other side is Kedarnath, Trishul, Banderpoonch etc. Each peak is a spectacular view and finds its mention in the myths and folk tales of the plains below. Explore the area and then trace your steps back to the camp at Chopta. This downward journey is far easier and we finish it in good time to camp again at Chopta.
Day 06 : Chopta to Khakra – Kadai ( 100 Kms Drive Cycle 30 Kms up Hill )
Breakfast at Camp and then we drive to Khakra 75 Kms arrive Khakra, Lunch and then we start our cycling trip to Kandai 30 Kms up hill which will pass through beautiful step farming villages of the Himalayas you will reach a place called Kadai where you will spend your night with in the village and your stay will be at a village house .Dinner and overnight Kandai.
Day 07 : Kadai – Khirashu ( 40 Kms Cycle up Hill and Hown Hill )
Breakfast and start your Day for cycling to Khirashu passing through the villages with a view of the Himalayan ranges lunch enroute arrive Khirashu check in at Guest House dinner and overnight Guest House.
Day 08 : Khirashu – Pauri
Breakfast and start your Day cycling to Pauri this small mountain town once called British Garhwal arrive and check in at Hotel Mumukshu Resort . Enjoy your Day with the panoramic view from the resort0.Dinner and overnight Hotel
Day 09 : Pauri – Devprayag – Beas Ghat ( Cycle and Raft )
Breakfsat at Hotel cycle down hill till Devprayag arrive visit the temples and the Sangam where river Bhagarati meets Alakananda after which the Ganga is formed . A quick briefing and , we get you to the starting point, give you all necessary instructions, prepare your gear and then start our way downstream.
The rapids are few and of low grade giving you an opportunity to simply swim, body surf or sing while oaring your raft. In a span of 1 ½ hour we reach Amarasyu where we camp at the beach for the night.
Day 10 : Raft Down to Kodiyala
Again an easy Day for rafting where we negotiate a few small rapids on our 30 km way to our beach camp at Kodiala.
Day 11: Kodiyala – Rishikesh
Again a Day with Excitiment on the river. Kodiala is a very popular area for rafting and you get to cross some fine grade III rapids such as “Daniel Dip”, “The Wall”, toDay you end at the beach camp Day to realx and soak yourself in the sun . Dinner and overnight camp.
Day 11 : Raft Down to Rishikesh
Kodiala is a very popular area for rafting and you get to cross some fine grade III rapids such as “Daniel Dip”, “The Wall”, “Three Blind Mice”, “Crossfire”, and the “Body Surfing rapid”. Covering 35 Km to reach Rishikesh where after lunch we make our way across a few more exciting rapids such as “Roller Coaster” and “Golf Course” to make it an appropriate and exciting end to a grand adventure. The trip ends at the arrival at Rishikesh.check in at Hotel .
Afternoon sight seeing of Rishikesh towm with viist to the ashrams , Temples . or relax with some Ayurvedic Massage . Overnight Hotel.
Day 12 : Rishikesh – Haridwar – Delhi
Breakfast at Hotel transfer to Haridwar to board train for Delhi . Arrive Delhi meet assist and transfer to Hotel . Later in the night after a fare well dinner you will be transferred to the International airport to connect flight back home.
---------------------------------------------------- Tour Ends ----------------------------------------------------
Our Cost :
- 02 Pax : USD 955 Net per person on twin sharing basis
Cost does not Include:
- Twin sharing accommodation at Road heads in Guest Houses / Tourist Buglows/hotels during the entire trip.
- All meals hygienically cooked and served by our specially trained staff for westerners. (We emphasize a lot on food and all our cooks are specially trained to provide hygienic food to westerners).
- Transportation arrival departure details ex delhi train fare Delhi – Hridwar – Delhi by Shatabadi Express Ac Chiar car transport by ac car from Haridwar to Rishikesh to Haridwar .
(We have our own brand new Cars / Tata Sumos, Toyota Jeeps & mini buses, with hand picked drivers who have been trained to drive westerners on mountain roads).
- Services of English speaking professional trekking guide, cook, camp staff during the entire trip. (All our trekking Guides & camp staff are from this area only and know the area very well. All trekking Guides and most of the camp staff have dome First Aid and CPR courses and do refreshing courses every year )
- All tourist taxes during the travel.
- Visit to all important temples and places during the entire trip.
- Camping equipment on the trek e.g. tents, mattresses, sleeping bags etc. (We have brand new spacious tents and other trekking equipment however we recommend clients to bring personal sleeping bags).
- Portage of food, camping & kitchen equipment on the trek.
- Portage of personal baggage on trek.
- Trekking permits and camping fees on the treks.
- Meals Of Full Board Basis Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner except in Delhi Breakfast + Dinner
- Train fare Delhi – Haridwar – Delhi , Arrival departure in Delhi and Haridwar by ac car
- Back up Jeep during cycling trip
Sleeping Bag : Request you to bring you own if not please advise in advance
- Items of personal nature e.g. table drinks, telephones, laundry, insurance, medical services and services in unforeseen circumstances.
- Riding ponies on trek. ( Can be arranged on actual by the guide on the trip)
- Any other trip other than specified above.
Cycles : we shall provide the same
Check List Of Essential Personal Items For Rafting
- T-Shirts & Shorts For Raft & Camp
- Jersey/Warm Jacket For Camp
- Footwear-2 Pairs (One Each For Raft And Trek ). Sandals Will Suffice If They Are Well Fastened.
- Toiletries/Towel/Soap Etc. For Personal Use
- Flashlight – Very Important
- Sunscreen Lotion
- Cord For Spectacles & Sunglasses
- Personal Medication (If Any)
Meal Plan :
- Cigarettes & Alcohol - We Do Not Serve Any.
- Travel Light - You Need To Walk Down To Camp With Your Bags.
- On multi-day rafting trips, it is essential to travel extremely light in order to make the rafts more maneuverable and to cover distances in good time. NO HARD SHELLS, PLEASE. For weekend/weekday trips too, do carry soft baggage.
- Consumption of alcohol or drugs is not permitted upto 6 hours before or on a raft trip. We will, without refund, refuse intoxicated persons.
- All meals are served at a central dining area – including tea, coffee (twice a day) and soft drinks. There is no room service.
We are proud of the excellent cuisine served in camp with emphasis on wholesome, hygienic and delicious melas.Fresh fruits and vegetables are obtained locally.
Continental & Indian: Corn flakes/porridge, eggs, toast/pancakes/french toast,parantha, butter, jam, baked beans/french fries, fruits, tea/coffee.
Indian: Normally vegetarian consisting of Dal/rajma, two vegetables, rice (fried/plain), chapati, papad, salad,& fruit.
A special meal with variations of Barbeque Indian, Continental or Chinese cuisine complete with dessert.
TEA BREAKS: Tea/coffee with snacks/biscuits.
Trekking Tents during the trek with mattresses , Deluxe tents at base camp (beds, mattresses and quilts provided) on twin share.
Activities in Camp :
Beside rafting one could kayak on a placid stretch near the camp or opt for hike to a typical village opposite the camp or even go for longer hikes (5-6hrs) in the surrounding hills. Facilities are available for Beach games like volleyball, frisbee, tennis ball cricket etc. A day in camp is rounded off with a campfire and a leisurely evening with fellow rafters.
Equipment & Guides :
We have unmatched top of the line self-bailing rafts and accessories used by professionals globally. With the country's most experienced guiding team, we assure the first-timer and even the non-swimmer a trip of a lifetime - we run the most number of rivers in the country today - leaving the competition far behind with our superior experience, guiding team, equipment and array of adventure trips.